Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gearing up for the next adventures.

Contrary to what most of my friends and family think, I am and have been excited for several other hunts this year other than just my own sheep hunt. I got to be part of several early archery elk hunts here in northern AZ. The McDonald Family Clan had a pile of elk tags and a big ol camp of great guys in unit 9. It was awesome we had tons of big bugling bulls around us morning and night. Dan, Clint and Pat all shot great bulls. It was all three of their first time archery bulls!
In the middle of that hunt and trying to work and still get in scouting and prepping for my hunt I got to be part of Eli's and Jesse's bull hunt too.

My wonderful wife Leah, her brother Weston and Dad all have Coues deer tags starting this weekend! Leah and I are going to go out and see what we see and Weston and Greg are gonna be hunting with us next weekend. I cant wait!
My good buddies Eli and Nate have December Coues tags in my very favorite unit and to tell the truth I am almost giddy with excitement for their hunt.... maybe more than they are.
And as luck would have it, not only did I draw a sheep tag, I also have friend that drew a tag down south this year. Being that I am now a "died in the wool" sheep hunter, I am going to try my hardest make it down to hunt with him in the beginning of December. Meanwhile I am going to attempt to get a TON of work done and help Leah with all of her projects and Honey-do's, and I think my mom has an elk hunt somewhere in there too.
I am BLESSED to live the fantastic and never boring life I live. I can't thank all my friends enough for always including me in their adventures and coming along for mine. Stay tuned for up dates on the shenanigans to come.

 ABOVE LEFT: Dan
ABOVE RIGHT: Cint
LEFT: Me, Jesse and Eli w/ Jesses bull


 Eli and his last day 80 yard shot bull!



No comments:

Post a Comment