Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall means Coues time!

Last Friday marked the opener for general Coues deer tags all over the state. I was able to sneak a way for a day and hunt with Jimmy, something that doesn't get to happen enough these days. He was guiding a client but it doesn't matter that neither of us had a tag. I was just glad to be there hunting with him in awesome country. We had a great day saw some great country. I'll Try to post more later on that.



 On Sunday Leah, Kona and I headed out to see if we could find her a buck and to hopefully find a group of deer that we could hunt with her dad this coming weekend. We found several mule deer and had a great time. My parents came out and met us for a picnic lunch. It was a really nice day all around but no coues bucks to be found. We are headed out Thursday to hit the hills and I am confidant that the adventure will be a good one. Stay tuned!
Definitely two of my favorite hunting partners
 The wrong kinda deer... but still a good spot. 

We saw a group of 7 big ol gobblers I even got them to gobble back at me... Kona really wanted one.



No comments:

Post a Comment