Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Long walk for fun.

Well this last weekend Dad, Wyler and Doug all went to Utah for the Deer hunt. I didn't get a tag up there this year and it was a long drive for just a few days for me to go so instead I met Jimmy in Strawberry. He had a client coming to hunt Coues Deer and he hadn't found any shooters as of yet. We decide that we should pack out into a wilderness area to find the big boys. Bear season was still on and there was a good chance of seeing one so we packed our bivys, sleeping bags, water, food, optics, tripods AND my gun. Well it was a long walk to some neat country but not much to show for it. we saw a handful of Coues, bunch of elk but no bears and not the 105" we hoped for. Had a ton of fun though and saw beautiful country. right after I left on Sunday night I got a phone call from Jimmy saying he found a pile of bucks. Go figure. The next day him and the hunter got it done. The buck tapped right at 105.
Wyler got to take a great buck in Utah and Dough passed several and went home empty. I'll post pictures as soon as Wyler gets them too me.

No comments:

Post a Comment